Computer viruses, malware, apps, and web browsers can slow down system performance, which is inconvenient. If you face these issues, you may need to reinstall your system’s windows.
Here, we discuss how to reinstall Windows 10. You can use several methods to reinstall Windows 10 on your PC to keep it in optimized condition. In this guide, we will discuss these methods to keep your data safe and enjoy your system’s ultimate performance. So, let’s start!
How to Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing Data?
Want to reinstall Windows 10 but fear losing data during the process? Don’t worry. Here are three methods that can help you in this scenario.
1) Using “Reset this PC” Option
Use reset this PC option to reinstall Windows 10, and the steps are:
- Right-click on the “Start” button.
- Move to the option “Settings.”
- Choose “Update and Security.”
- Click “Recovery.”
- Click the “Get started” option “under Reset this PC.”
- Select the option “Keep my files.”
- Click the “Reset” button in the “ready to reset this PC” interface.
- Your PC will start rebooting and reinstalling the windows 10.
2) Advanced Start-up Menu
Follow the below steps to reinstall Windows with an advanced start-up menu.
- Click the “Strat” button.
- Next, go for “Settings.”
- Pick “Update and Security.”
- Tap on “Recovery.”
- Choose “Restart Now.”
- Click “Troubleshoot” after entering WinRE mode.
- Select the option “Reset this PC.”
- Choose “Keep my file.”
- Click “Next.”
- Click “Reset.”
- Choose “Continue” from the pop-up menu to continue reinstalling Windows 10.
3) Windows 10 ISO Image File
ISO is an archive file with a similar copy of the data that may be found on optical discs like DVDs or CDs. You can reinstall Windows in a bootable system with this identical copy or image on IOS. The steps are:
- Create an IOS for Windows 10 by downloading the media creation tool.
- Right-click on the file to choose “Mount.”
- Now double click “Setup.exe file.
- Select the right option while prompting to “Download and install updates.”
- Choose this option if you have an internet connection. If your system has no internet, choose “not right now.”
- Tap “Next.”
- Select “change what to keep” from the pop-up window.
- You can choose between “Keep personal files, apps, and Windows settings,” “Keep personal files only,” and “Nothing.”
- Tap on “Next” to install Windows 10.
How to Reinstall Windows 10 From Boot?
You can reinstall Windows 10 from boot, and the steps are below:
- Connect a DVD or USB drive to a working PC.
- Now, download a media creation.
- Run the program.
- Choose “Create installation media for another PC and USB flash drive.” (You can also burn the IOS file directly to a disc or USB.)
- Now, insert the external peripherals into the PC you want to reinstall Windows 10.
- Restart the computer and change the boot order to boot it from the disc or USB.
- Follow on screen instructions for installation to complete the process.
Note: Before reinstalling with boot, you may need to back up your files and important data. It is important because, during this process, you may lose all your data.
1) How to Reinstall Windows 10 From USB?
Follow the below steps to reinstall Windows 10 with USB.
- Start your PC and insert a USB drive with Windows 10.
- Press a key to continue the installation process.
- Click the option “Next.”
- Tap on “Install Now.”
- If you reinstall the windows, pick “I don’t have a product key.”
- Select the Windows 10 edition for which you have a license key.
- Now accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the tab “Next.”
- Finally, choose “Install Windows Only” to perform a clean installation.
- Provide your information and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
2) How to Reinstall Windows 10 from BIOS?
It is not possible to reinstall Windows 10 from BIOS. But it can help you to boot your device. To boot your device with BIOS, you may need to reinstall Windows 10 via any other method.
You can BIOS in the picture once you insert a bootable device into your system. All well-known manufacturers, including Dell, HP, ASUS, and more, provide a suitable key for the system to enter the BIOS in setup. To find the right key depending on your device and use BIOS in the set while reinstalling Windows 10.
3) Can I Reinstall Windows 10 for Free?
Several free methods are available to reinstall Windows 10. These methods include:
- Using media creation tools
- Factory restore partition.
- Using reset this PC function.
4) How Should I Reinstall Windows 10?
You can use various methods, but using installation media to perform a clean install is one of the best methods. The steps are below:
- Click the “Start” button.
- Choose “Setting.”
- Go to “Update and Security.”
- Go “Recovery.”
- Choose “Restart Now” under the advanced start-up.
- Now, choose “Use a Device.”
- Partition and format your device.
- Install important drivers and software.
- Update your window if necessary.
5) How Do I Completely Reinstall Windows?
If you want to reinstall Windows completely, you can do it using the reinstallation media. So, connect an installation media to your system, as it will help you with the clean installation of Windows 10. After this, follow the below step to complete reinstall windows.
- Go to the “Start” button.
- Open “Settings.”
- Click the option “Update and Security.”
- Choose “Recovery.”
- Provide other information like email address, region, etc.
- Install drivers to operate your system.
- After completing the installation update, windows must use its latest features.
Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing My Programs?
Yes, it is possible to reinstall Windows 10 without losing your important programs, data, and files if you reinstall Windows with OS. To do it, follow the below steps.
- Go to the “Start” menu.
- Open “Settings.”
- Move to “Update and Security.”
- Click the tab “Recovery.”
- Under “Reset this PC,” choose “Get started.”
- Select “Keep My Files.”
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. When you choose to keep my files, you can complete the reinstallation process without losing your programs.
Several methods are available to reinstall Windows 10 if your system starts lagging or shows low performance. The best thing is that most of these methods are free. Whatever method you choose, it is important to back up your important data so you may not lose it. We hope that this guide on how to reinstall Windows 10 helps you to get the right method to get back to your computer’s optimum condition.Final words